Wednesday, September 1, 2021

"I Still Never Have ... " - September 1, 2009

 


Yesterday, we shared some of the things that Yahoo!s  have never done -- and don't care who knows it. While the first round of confessions dealt with television shows we've never seen, today's round concentrates on travel and food.

Pretty much everyone has a place they've
always wanted to visit, or a location they return to over and over. But there are places that we've never been to -- and couldn't care less if we did. In my case, it's Walt Disney World. I know there are millions who share a fervor to visit the Magic Kingdom and who go annually -- or even more than once a year, but I can think of fewer places that hold less interest than the greater Orlando area. Other than heat, humidity, and crowds, I can't see what they offer. But where do Yahoo!s long to not travel to? 

Sarah: I have never been to Las Vegas, even though I grew up just off the 15 freeway in Southern California. Despite how glamorous it looks in the movies, I have no interest in gambling, buffets, or rooftop amusement parks.

Richard: I’ve never been to Canada.

Eugenia:  I’ve never gone camping!

Mitzi:
I’ve never done any traditional camping (tent, sleeping bag, etc.). Never been to Walt Disney World/Epcot (although I’ve been to Disneyland many times).(Editor’s note: Ditto and good for you!)

Now, there are plenty of us who
don't own a television or who never travel, but one thing we all have in common is eating. Some of us may have more limited menus than others, but we all need sustenance -- excepting, of course, those things we've never eaten or restaurants we don't want to visit. Myself, I've never eaten lobster and have no desire to. Those giant waterbugs just look disgusting and the whole process of cracking open the shells is repulsive. Anyone else?

Mitzi: Never eaten at the Olive Garden (and don’t plan to).

Ali: I really don't consider this to be noteworthy, but since you're being so inclusive ... I have never had a cup of
tea or coffee. I'd never really thought about that in the "never" sense, so thank you for the opportunity to feel incomplete.

Lydia:
I’ve never eaten a bagel. At first, it was because bagels pale in comparison to the sweeter pastries that my palate demands for breakfast. Now, it’s more so I can say “I’ve never eaten a bagel” on random occasions -- like in a blog about random things people have never done.

What say you, gentle reader? Anyplace you have no desire to visit? Is there some delectable dish that turns you off? Tell us about it, and we'll be back tomorrow with more stuff we can't wait not to do.

Suggested Sites...

No comments:

Post a Comment