Friday, August 27, 2021

Bat-Headed Alien Baby Steals Newspaper from Elvis - August 27, 2007

 

I come to praise the Weekly World News and to bury it. 

My name is Edgar, but you may know me by my nickname, "Bat Boy." 

The WWN had a long run starting in 1979, and was an invaluable source for the news one couldn't get anywhere else, whether it was the sordid details of P'lod the alien's affair with Hillary Clinton or up-to-the-minute dispatches on Elvis's frequent returns from the dead. 

And while not all the paper was that newsworthy, just as informative were the opinions of Lester the Typing Horse and the fulminating Ed Anger

Now, I don't claim to be the most famous creation to spring forth from the pages of Weekly World News, but I can't think of another who's had a musical written about them. 

It all comes to an end today, though, when the WWN stops its newsstand sales and goes online exclusively. Those who demand stories about Santa's labor woes or robot Dick Cheneys will still be able to get them, but bathrooms across America will never be the same.

Suggested Sites...

No comments:

Post a Comment