Friday, January 22, 2021

Giving Oscar the Raspberry - January 22, 2008


I can't believe it! Oh, I had a whole list of people to thank and now I can't remember a thing! My agent's going to kill me!

Anyway, it is such an honor to win a
Razzie! I know some people disparage the Golden Raspberry Awards, and call them the "anti-Oscars," but to them I say, look at the people who have won Worst Actor: Charlton Heston, Marlon Brando -- and Sir Laurence Olivier, for Pete's sake! And the actresses: Sharon Stone, Faye Dunaway, and Madonna -- who's won nine! She's still one behind Sylvester Stallone, but you go, Madge!

Who would have thought, back in 1981, when a bunch of film buffs gathered in a
living room alcove to celebrate Tinseltown's worst efforts, that the Razzies would get so big? And who could have guessed that I'd be here now?

But I couldn't have done it alone. I had a crappy
writer and a lousy director behind me -- not to mention the worst crew in the business! So, thank you; thank you all. I can't tell you how fabulous it is to know that you hate me! You really hate me!

Suggested Sites...

No comments:

Post a Comment